Under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment, provide support to the Human Resources operation with primary emphasis on the organization, maintenance and digitization of Human Resources and Benefits records. Responsible for implementation of day to day records retention processes in compliance with legal requirements and related Pratt policies with the ultimate goal of digitizing all HR Department records.
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard copy personnel, benefits and I-9 files with the ultimate goal of digitizing all HR Department records.
- Scan HR paperwork into the Docuware document management system, classifying documents to facilitate user access and retrieval.
- Prepare personnel files for review by employees, supervisors and other authorized personnel as needed.
- Maintain and file documents into paper HR files.
- Serve as back-up receptionist, responding to general phone and in-person inquiries and referring more complicated issues to appropriate HR staff members, greeting visitors to the HR Office, distributing mail, and assisting new/re-hire staff and faculty with completion of HR paperwork and use of self-service portals.
- Perform data entry, word processing and spreadsheet tasks and develop simple reports from databases and systems when needed.
- Participate with other HR staff in planning, developing and implementing personnel policies, systems, workflows, and procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
SALARY: $25,000 PER YEAR -- This is a 25 hour per week position.
Education: A.A. or equivalent degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: At least two years' relevant experience required including some experience/knowledge of scanning and records retention. Knowledge of basic HR principles and/or experience working in higher education preferred. Familiarity with records retention legal requirements a plus.
Knowledge and Skills: Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite of applications; knowledge of scanning software, and facility with the web. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population, as well as demonstrate inter-cultural competence with an understanding of the dynamics of diversity in higher education.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency