New York University has a challenging opportunity for a Director, Global HR based in either New York, NY, or London, UK, reporting to the Vice President of University Human Resources. The role of the Director, Global HR is to drive development, implementation and continuous improvement of global HR processes. The Director, Global HR will provide both strategic direction and tactical support to NYU's 11 global sites (Prague, Florence, Paris, London, Buenos Aires, Accra, Tel Aviv, Berlin, Madrid, Sydney, and Washington DC) within the Office of Global Programs, and serve as a key human resources liaison for NYU's global initiatives (inclusive of Study Away programs managed via Global Programs and other designated schools/programs). This role does not include oversight of portal campuses at NYU Shanghai or NYU Abu Dhabi.
- Establish University-wide HR global programs and processes as needed, and support unique local initiatives in conjunction with Human Resources Officers and Financial Officers.
- Provide clear direction, interpretative counsel, and implementation support to the Office of the Provost, the Vice President for Global Programs, and the Associate Vice President for Global Programs Administration.
- Provide guidance and content expertise for global employee policies as well as country specific handbook(s) in conjunction with Office of General Counsel and Office of Compliance.
- Ensure global mobility programs, expatriate packages and benefits, and short/long term assignment processes are appropriately utilized in partnership with the Office of Global Services to meet the needs of the University.
- Primary HR interface to ensure all employee related documentation (including job descriptions, compensation analysis, benefits, and payroll data interface) is fully integrated into global site launch project plans by working with other University Human Resources staff, especially Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, and Talent Management. Influence and advise assigned senior global clients on employees and related matters, and act as a trusted advisor on sensitive and/or critical issues.
- Ensure service delivery of fundamental HR processes through meaningful metrics, reports and dashboards, and be a highly visible member of various global clients' leadership teams.
- Be able to understand and leverage a broad range of HR and client organizational knowledge for action planning, issue prevention, and strategic initiative implementation.
- Contribute to business and/or organizational strategy by supporting business leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational climate, capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.
The individual in this position will travel globally as needed.
Master's or JD
10+ years relevant experience as a senior human resources generalist in a professional or managerial level capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Should include relevant international experience. Must include in depth knowledge of a variety of human resources areas and experience managing staff, administrative process and projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Exceptional knowledge of human resources with emphasis on global operations. Willingness and ability to travel globally as needed and in support of client and organizational needs. Awareness and understanding of political and cultural influences; ability to manage in an environment of cultural diversity and at all levels of the organization. Strong customer service orientation. Open-minded thinker with excellent judgment. Strong consultative, negotiation, analytical and influencing skills. Superior relationship management and communication abilities.
Very strong diagnostics/ assessment and action planning capability. Proven ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and manage diverse resources. Extensive client support and strategic/tactical planning experience. Adaptable, flexible, open-minded management approach. Creative, problem solver and outcomes-focused. Strong business/organizational knowledge (finance, operations). Significant multi-tasking, spatial thinking abilities. Must possess a thorough understanding of all areas of HR; content expert in at least 3 of the following core areas: employee relations, talent management/acquisition, training/development, organizational effectiveness/development, compensation strategy and design, strategic planning, metrics/analytics, project/program management.
Ability to develop and interpret policies and procedures. Knowledge of standard software.
This position will be based in either New York, NY or London, UK. Eligibilty to work in the in either the United States or the United Kingdom will be required depending on the location of the position.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency