The office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE) is seeking an Academic Affairs/Human Resources Administrator to provide analysis, support and guidance within VPUE regarding faculty governance and academic staff appointments, reappointments, promotions, and search processes, including planning, implementation, auditing, and reporting to meet established deadlines. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Academic Affairs/Human Resources Administrator is responsible for oversight of academic personnel processes for approximately 100 academic staff (Lecturers) and over 300 faculty members who teach more than 800 courses offered through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education (VPUE).
The Academic Affairs/Human Resources Administrator will act as the first point of contact for most academic staff human resources inquiries and will serve as a resource to academic staff and faculty on human resources policies, procedures, and practices. Understanding the distinctive â€" and different â€" needs of faculty and lecturers from an HR standpoint is essential.
Education: Bachelor's degree and three years of HR related experience or the equivalent required
Experience: 2-3 years' experience working to support faculty and/or academic staff in a higher education environment preferred; especially in administration of personnel processes
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Ability to work independently, consistently follow through with projects and assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to independently draft effective correspondence and documentation.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be skilled in human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems. Experience using email and internet.
For more Information and to Apply: http://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
- Click on Job Search and enter 77464 in the Keyword Search field
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency